A Potted History To Date
I was born on Pearl Harbour Day in a little town called Umtata in what was then the Union of South Africa (the other USA), went to school there and moved to the beautiful city of Cape Town where I now live and work.
I started my working career as a very junior clerk in a very large international banking institution way back in 1960. After having spent the best part of 27 years in this soul destroying job and having moved up through the ranks, I decided it was time for another career.
This time it was in a pottery business which was not a good decision financially. However during my time there I was introduced to computers, accounting software and all sorts of other good things. This in turn led me to my third career as an IT consultant, first as an employee and later as owner of my own consultancy, Shearar Business Systems CC , together with my wife and eldest son. (I have 3 sons and 4 grandchildren by the way).
Then 24 years after resigning from the bank and with my third career still on track, I started a fourth career in March 2012 as an internet marketer as a new challenge. And what a challenge this has been, trying to navigate through a minefield of bright shiny objects, marketers peddling a whole lot of snake oil (well quite a few of them), and just trying to make sense of a whole new ball game.
After some 24 months of struggling online to get it all together, a change of direction and approach seemed in order. Up until now it has all been hit and miss. An indication of my conspicuous lack of success to date is my average earnings of about $1.00 per month so far. Absolutely disgusting.
No More! I have made the following decisions.
1. Manage my emails, unsubscribe from all those that do directly benefit me.
2. Draw up a master agenda, blueprint call it what you will so that I know what I want to achieve in the next 1, 3, 6 and 12 months.
3. Set up a strategy to accomplish this.
4. Decide on what tactics and tools I am going to use.
5. Something called F.O.C.U.S. Follow One Course Until Successful! Not following this has been my biggest failure to date.
6. And then – along came Quick Start Challenge 2.0 Turbo. Now I just HAVE to focus. I must get traction and stop spinning my wheels! I must implement this course to its fullest extent! This is my commitment!